Friday, February 3, 2012

Beautiful Feet

Intentional walking. Hmm, that seems obvious and redundant. After all, don't I always walk with a purpose, having somewhere to go or someone to see? Physically, of course that's almost always the case: I walk around my house to get ready in the morning, I walk to my car to go to work or class, and even when I get lost while walking, I still had a purpose in mind! Not only am I intentional with my steps, but efficient... getting from point A to point B as directly and quickly as possible. In the physical sense, I am always walking intentionally.

However, I don't think intentional walking is always the case spiritually as I walk through life. I often start off with good intentions, but become distracted, lose focus, and end up coasting through or stumbling along. My feet become like that of a infant and I start going in circles and take 4 steps back to go 1 forward. That, or I get in my efficient walking mode and cruise right through, oblivious to the circumstances around me. As a result, my relationships with God and the people around me become anything but intentional. Yet Jesus' whole ministry was focused on pouring into others, even as he washed their feet - the very tools used for such intentional walking!


"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" -Romans 10:15. The disciples' feet were beautiful not only because were washed by Jesus, but because of the purpose and intentions of their paths. All of these men put their lives on the line to share the gospel, to reach out to and be aware of others, and to love deeply and unconditionally.

So, in this last semester as a college student as I am about to leave what is known and embark in another new challenge, how can I, too, have such beautiful feet? How can I be prepared for the next chapter while still leaving a lasting footprint on this one? It will take my being intentional. First, with my walk with God. Being fed and in communion with Him, recognizing His work in my daily life, and growing closer to my Savior... "walking by faith, not by sight," -1 Corinthians 5:7. Second, with the people and situations around me. Pouring into others and fostering the relationships with my friends - on a deep level so that they will remain in love beyond graduation.

Such intentionality will require my Type A personality to slow down, and maybe start to stroll through life, just as if I were walking through campus or downtown on a nice day. No time frame or agenda, just an observant, content, and inquisitive state of mind - enjoying what the walk has to offer. I'm excited yet a little nervous to embark on this walk through my blog... something so new and tangible and with such accountability! But what better way to share my journey's path with its ups and downs, pit-stops and roadblocks than this medium. So please, come along on my journey. Walk, and have Beautiful Feet.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful indeed! Your post made me think about how blessed we are to know Christ. The beautiful thing, and perhpaps most astonishing thing about our path and journey with Christ, is it begins with the Spirit who calls, leads, guides, and directs us. I'm so thankful that your intentional walk is only possible becuase you were called and are led by the Sprirt's power, fed by the Word, and provided for by the love of the Father - what a beautiful post... thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jenilee. I'll be following your walk! And attempting to walk intentionally myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to type a comment so as to thank you for some of the fantastic concepts you are writing at this website. My extended internet research has finally been recognized with high-quality facts and techniques to share with my partners. I would mention that we readers actually are rather blessed to dwell in a fabulous website with so many perfect people with very beneficial points. I feel extremely fortunate to have used your entire site and look forward to tons of more fabulous minutes reading here. Thanks a lot again for all the details.
    Ocean Blue Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Pump 350 Gallons Per Hour

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am continuously invstigating online for posts that can assist me. Thank you!
    Keen Women's Snowmass High Waterproof Winter Boot

    ReplyDelete